Asus announced Zenfone Max, the company’s latest smartphone at the ZenFestival smartphone's highlight features, starting with its massive 5000 mAh battery - which, according to Asus, can provide a talk time of up to 37.6 hours, video playback time of up to 22.6 hours, Wi-Fi web browsing for up to 32.5 hours, or a stand-by time of up to 38 days. Moreover, the ZenFone Max can act as a power bank, charging other devices on the go.
It has a 5.5-inch HD screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 410 SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with real-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual SIM support with 4G connectivity on both.It packs a 5000mAh battery and has a leather back. It can also be used to charge other devices. The smartphone is just 5.2mm thick, says the company.
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning gorilla glass 4 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 5000mAh (non-removable) battery
Asus ZenFone Max is now up for pre-orders via Flipkart, an e-commerce website, starting Monday. The online retailer lists the tentative release date to be January 14.