Canonical partnered with Meizu to introduce Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition, ahead of MWC 2016 next week. Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition feature a 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass powered by a Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU with 3GB RAM and 32GB of Internal storage which is further expandable with microSD.
Dual SIM smartphone runs on Ubuntu OS. On camera it has a 21.6 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash and 5MP front-facing camera. On connectivity device include 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C. Packed by a 3050mAh Battery.
Commenting on the announcement and the partnership with Meizu, Jane Silber, CEO, Canonical, said:Our partnership with Meizu continues to result in the creation of beautifully designed hardware that perfectly complements the Ubuntu user experience. Users are always at the heart of our work together –something that brings an intuitive and rewarding experience to consumers everywhere.
Li Nan, VP at Meizu, said:Having successfully launched our first device together in 2015, this new innovation demonstrates our close partnership, and continued desire to develop the most innovative and interesting mobile experiences for consumers all over the world. We have some interesting plans and so we’re looking forward to further deepening our partnership with Canonical in the future.
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, 88-degree viewing angle, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Ubuntu OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (SIM 2 slot can also be used as a microSD slot)
- 21.6 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 78 x 7.5mm; Weight: 166g
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 3050mAh battery
Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition will be available for pre-order during MWC on Meizu’s website, pricing and roll out details will be announced at that time.
Stay connected with us for more Tech News Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube