Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge which was announced at MWC 2016 will be hitting the stores in 60 countries in its first wave starting March 11.
"The Galaxy S7 is slated to go on sale in 60 countries on March 11. We expect its sales to surpass shipments of the previous model, the Galaxy S6," said DJ Koh, head of Samsung Mobiles Communication, to Yonhap News. Koh reportedly also added that the Galaxy S7 would be priced higher than its predecessor - the Galaxy S6.
First month is said to be crucial for the company, explaining Samsung is giving a free Gear VR headset to those who have pre-ordered or bought the smartphones between February 23 and March 18. As per estimations made by some analysts, Samsung should have sold around 38 million Galaxy S6 units in 2015
Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge have already been listed on the company's US, UK, and European websites, pointing to offers from various telecom operators. Some retailers have also listed the unlocked pricing. Amazon Germany has listed the 32GB Galaxy S7 with a price tag of EUR 700 (roughly Rs. 53,200), while the Galaxy S7 Edge is listed with a EUR 800 (roughly Rs. 60,800) price tag.
Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
- 5.1-inch/ 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 577 PPI Super AMOLED always-on, pressure sensitive display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor / Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- IP67 ratings for water resistance
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery/ 3600mAh battery