LG Today announced that the smartphone will go on sale globally, including Korea starting from March 31st. It will be available from April 1st in the US through a 2-year contract from Sprint or Verizon at $99 and an unlocked unit without contract will cost $799.99 (Rs. 53,275 approx.) .
LG already announced that it will launch its flagship G5 smartphone along with the LG Friends companion devices in United States in early April via major carriers and retailers.
Cam Plus attachment, which adds a camera grip with photo capture & zoom buttons, will cost about $85. Meanwhile, audiophiles can turn the LG G5 into a great sounding music player with Bang & Olufsen's Hi-Fi DAC accessory. This one is priced in the ballpark of $162.
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD always-on display, 3D Arc Glass
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP secondary rear camera with 135-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7~8.6mm; Weight: 159g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2800mAh (removable) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0