Samsung has announced that it is receiving "stronger than expected" pre-orders for the latest Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. Koh Dong-jin, President of Samsung's Handsets Business, told Reuters during a press event for the new premium Galaxy phones in South Korea.Dong-jin expects that the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge will help the company revive sales in markets such as China where in recent years Apple has shown tremendous growth.
The company as of now has not revealed the number of pre-orders it received in various markets but we can expect Samsung to announce the figures soon. We already know that Samsung will be launching the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge in 60 countries in its first wave starting Friday.
Samsung Galaxy S7 features a 5.1-inch QHD Super Amoled display and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has a 5.5-inch QHD Super Amoled display Both the devices have an Always-On display. This display enable you to check important notifications, time and date without having to wake up the device. Both the devices will come with two different processor options, depending on the markets- Exynos 8890 64-bit octa-core (2.3GHz quad-core + 1.6GHz quad-core) processor or Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit quad-core (2.15GHz dual-core + 1.6GHz dual-core) processor. To address the issues of heating, Samsung has incorporated liquid cooling technology in these two devices.
The new flagship Galaxy smartphones come with 4GB RAM (LPDDR4) and will be available in 32GB and 64GB internal storage options. Both the devices have the hybrid SIM card tray allows users to insert a microSD card for up to 200GB of additional storage and in some select countries, the tray can be used with a dual SIM card.The Galaxy S7 is powered by a 3,000mAh battery and Galaxy S7 edge has 3,600mAh battery. Both the devices come with fast wired and wireless charging technology.
- 5.1-inch/ 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 577 PPI Super AMOLED always-on, pressure sensitive display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor / Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- IP67 ratings for water resistance
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery/ 3600mAh battery
Stay connected with us for more Tech News Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Subscribe by Email