Sony at annual Game Developers Conference announced that PlayStation VR (PS VR), a virtual reality system will launch from October 2016.
Sony said that it is expected to have more than 50 games available from launch in October 2016 until the end of the year. The Playroom VR, from Japan Studio, will be available as a free download from PlayStation Store for all PS VR owners at launch. The Playroom VR will include six games. It also announced PlayStation VR Worlds that includes five virtual reality experiences developed specially for PS VR, including The London Heist, VR Luge, Into the Deep (working title) and more.
- 5.7-inches (1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)) OLED display
- 100 degrees (approx.) field of view
- 120Hz, 90Hz refresh rate
- Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)
- Connection Interface VR headset: HDMI, AUX, Stereo Headphone Jack; Processor unit: HDMI TV, HDMI PS4, USB, HDMI, AUX
- Processor Unit Function 3D audio processing, Social Screen (mirroring mode, separate mode), Cinematic mode
- External Dimensions – VR headset: Approx. 187×185×277 mm; Processor unit: Approx. 143×36×143 mm
- Box contents: VR headset, Processor unit, VR headset connection cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, Stereo headphones (with a complete set of earpiece), AC power cord, AC adaptor
PlayStation VR will roll out worldwide starting from Japan, North America, Europe and Asia in October 2016 and comes at a suggested retail price of US$399 (Rs. 26865 approx.), €399, £349 and 44,980 yen. It will be available for pre-order soon.
Stay connected with us for more Tech News Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Subscribe by Email