Samsung today officially launched its flagship Galaxy Note 7 smartphone . Samsung Galaxy Note 7 a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED curved edge display with always-on feature powered by a Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which is further expandable with MicroSD card up to 256GB
Dual SIM device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Dual pixel rear camera promises brighter and sharper images, even in low light. It has hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second slot as a expansion slot when required. In addition to fingerprint scanner, Samsung has added an Iris scanner for the first time that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition.
Note 7 will be the first in the series to have IP68-grade waterproofing and dustproofing. Unlike the S7, which is also resistant to water and dust, users can control the Note 7 in wet conditions such as in the rain using its S-Pen stylus, developed in house at Samsung Electronics. The stylus tip became slimmer from 1.6mm to 0.7mm compared to the Note 5 and the pen itself is twice as sensitive to pressure as its predecessor. The Screen off memo lets you pin memo to the Always On Display. Smart Select lets you easily create and share GIF animations and new Air Command functions Magnify and Translate, enable users to zoom in on the screen or convert languages with a simple hover of the S Pen.
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit, 14 nm processor/ Snapdragon 820
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE Cat.12, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
“The Galaxy Note7 combines productivity and entertainment, and strong security features. Powering a robust ecosystem, it is the ideal device for those who want to achieve more in life,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “Life moves faster than ever now so we created the Galaxy Note7 to move with users – helping them get things done more easily wherever, whenever.”
- Dimension 207.8(W) x 122.5(L) x 98.6(H)mm
- Weight 345g (312g without Front Cover)
- FOV 101° Field of View
- Sensor Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Proximity
- Color Blue Black
- Compatibility USB Type-C and Micro USB port connection to the Galaxy Note7, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes in Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx. It will be available starting on August 19.
Stay connected with us for more Tech News Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Android App Subscribe by Email