Samsung today officially launched the Galaxy Note7 smartphone in India for Rs 59,900 It was announced at the Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event earlier this month .
It has a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED curved edge display with always-on feature which was first introduced in Galaxy S7. Galaxy Note 7 is also world's first smartphone to feature Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.Galaxy Note 7 is ready to stream HDR video, enabling a cinema-like experience including brighter colors and a deeper black, which ensure users get the full experience that the filmmaker intended. powered by a Exynos Octa-core 8890 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which is further expandable with MicroSD card up to 256GB
Dual SIM device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) On camera it has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS ,f/1.7 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Dual pixel rear camera promises brighter and sharper images, even in low light. It has hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second slot as a expansion slot when required. In addition to fingerprint scanner, Samsung has added an Iris scanner for the first time that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition.
Note 7 is first in the series to have IP68-grade waterproofing and dustproofing. Unlike the S7, which is also resistant to water and dust, users can control the Note 7 in wet conditions such as in the rain using its S-Pen stylus, developed in house at Samsung Electronics. The stylus tip became slimmer from 1.6mm to 0.7mm compared to the Note 5 and the pen itself is twice as sensitive to pressure as its predecessor. The Screen off memo lets you pin memo to the Always On Display. Smart Select lets you easily create and share GIF animations and new Air Command functions Magnify and Translate, enable users to zoom in on the screen or convert languages with a simple hover of the S Pen. Packed by a 3500mAh Battery.
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G VoLTE Cat.12, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
Samsung Galaxy Note7 comes in Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx colors and is priced at Rs. 59900. It will be available across India starting from September 2nd. Those who pre-book the device from August 22nd till 30th can get the new Gear VR that costs Rs. 7290 for Rs. 1990. It also comes with Jio preview offer with unlimited voice and data for 90 days.
Stay connected with us for more Tech News Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Android App Subscribe by Email