Samsung officially launched its flagship Galaxy Note 7 smartphone which is world's first smartphone to come with recently announced Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
“The Gorilla Glass 5 can survive up to 80% of the time when dropped facedown from 1.6 meters onto rough surfaces, far outperforming competitive glass designs,” says Corning. The Gorilla Glass 4 can survive only from 1 meter height in its lab tests. With improved drop performance, it also preserves optical clarity, touch sensitivity and damage resistance. Corning Gorilla Glass has been used on more than 4.5 Billion devices worldwide, including more than 1,800 products across 40 major brands.
Over 85% of smartphone owners have dropped their phones at least once per year and 55% have dropped their phones three times or more. Additionally, more than 60% of smartphone owners reported dropping their devices between shoulder and waist height. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 survives up to 80 percent of the time when dropped facedown from 1.6 meters onto rough surfaces, far outperforming competitive glass designs.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED curved edge display with always-on feature powered by a Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which is further expandable with MicroSD card up to 256GB .Dual SIM device runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Dual pixel rear camera promises brighter and sharper images, even in low light. It has hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second slot as a expansion slot when required. In addition to fingerprint scanner, Samsung has added an Iris scanner for the first time that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition. Packed by a 3500mAh Battery
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit, 14 nm processor/ Snapdragon 820
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE Cat.12, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
Stay connected with us for more Tech News Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Android App Subscribe by Email